Country Music Awards New Zealand
Own orginal song included on Godzone CD
song writing with Nick Leeden
2014 - Best Overall peformer awarded by the Silver Peaks country music club
- Special guest at hands of fame concert at the 2014 New Zealand Gold Guitar awards month of July toured south island with Adi Burgess from Australia and Bryan Townley Invercargill
- Preformed at the Topp twins concert in New Plymouth to fill in for Tami Nelson the night she won the Silver scroll award.
- Performed at the Calcavade in Outram (Feb 2015)
- March 2015 Performed and played in the backing band at the Silverpeaks CMC annual Hoe Down.
- Part of the music production team of the Opry down under held at Coronation Hall Mosgiel on the 1st and 2nd Nov. Musicialy putting the show together and tutoring artists for over 3 - 4 months
- Nov 2014 played rythmn setter at the Big River Talent Quest
- Monthly Tutor children from the Silver Peaks Country Music Club kids group
- Is an NZ endorsor for Auden Guitars UK
Jody Diren Breaks Out (NZ release ONLY)
#1 Country album (NZ iTunes Country Chart)
# 6 (NZ iTunes chart across ALL genres)
# 40 Official NZ TOP 40 (International ALL genres)
# 12 Official NZ TOP 20 (National ALL genres)
#1 (NZ iTunes Country Chart - 3 weeks)
#17 (NZ iTunes across ALL genres - 1 week)
#10 CMC (Australia) + Country Pick of the Month!
#4 All Australian Top 20 (3 weeks)
#13 Official Australian Country Top 40
NZ TOP 40 (International Chart ALL genres) - #17 for the first week and #14 for the second week
#3 Official NZ TOP 40 (International across ALL genres)
#6 NZ iTunes ALL genres
#1 NZ iTunes Country Chart
#8 iTunes Pop iTunes Chart NZ
#6 iTunes Pop iTunes Chart NZ
NZ TOP 40 (International)
NZ TOP 20 ( National)
Nominated for New OZ Artist of the Year CMC Award.
Sarah Conlan is the Hollie Smith of NZ Country music with smooth blues tones and songs with hooks stronger than your morning coffee. Conlans debut Ep made the top ten NZ Albums charts in 2014 and is filled with self penned heartaches which will draw you in to this exciting new artist.
2015 successful pledgeme campaign for "veins" video and single release in conjunction with Quirky Music and Into The East
2014 Travelled to Australia to co write with Morgan Evans and Mike Carr
2014 NZ county music awards Horizon Nominee
2014 NZ country music award Songwriting Award
2014 South Island EP release Tour
2014 Nationwide tour with Into The East
2014 Debut Ep release
Mlt songwriting finalist
Gold guitar award finalist
Over winner of South Island music awards
2013 NZ special Olympics Anthem Songwriting
- Up to March 2015 album Dynamite spent 33 weeks in the Top 20 NZ Album Chart.
- Been No.1 for both songs and album on the NZ Country iTunes Chart.
- APRA Silver Scroll Awards October 2014 for the song "Walk" from the album "Dynamite"
- Nominated for the Tate Music Prize April 2015
- Nominated for Country Music Album of the year May 2015
- Nominated for Apra Country Music Song of the Year May 2015 for "You Lie"
- Christmas in the Park headline - Auckland and Christchurch
- Auckland Anniversary Day - Showcased on the Navy Frigate - and played to 23,000 people.
- Signed to the International Label: Outside Music,who are set to release her album "Dynamite" in North America and Canada.
- Original song 'No Phone No Mail No Internet' was pre-released in January 2015
- 'No Phone No Mail No Internet' was on The Australian Top 40 Country Tracks Chart for 4 weeks & as at April 2015 and was sitting at number 5 (The track stayed in the Top 10 for 5 weeks) "
- Significant Performances May 2014 - April 2015:
- Hope Estate Campfire Festival March 2015 - Aly Cook & Aly Cook Australian Band.
- Ceduna Oyster Festival Oct 2014 -Solo artist.
- Tamworth Country Music Festival - Jan 2015 a solo artist with the performance band at the Roll of Renown Concert (Australian Country Hall of Fame) for the induction of Lee Kernaghan and Ray Kernaghan into the Country Music Hall of Fame.
- Performed at The Gympie Music Muster Aug 2014 with her band 'The SouWesters'
- Kimberley Festival NT 2014 - Performed as Solo artist
- Lizottes DeeWhy Sydney Aug 2014 - 'Country Downunder' show with Ben Ransom, Neilly Rich & The Aly Cook Australian Band.
- Nelson Ruthford Heritage Hotel NZ - boutique performance with Sharon O'Neill & Band Nov 2014
- "Performed at Hospice Variety Concert November 2014 - Raising Funds for North Shore Hospice Trust.
- Initiated & Co-ordinated the NZ AMCOS APRA Songwriting scholarship August 2014. The award prize being a place at the 2015 Songwriter's Retreat at the Dag Sheep Station Nundle Australia. The 2014 prize being awarded to Sarah Conlan. This ongoing initiative has set up the opportunity for young NZ winning artists to write with some of the best Australian Award winning Songwriters including the likes of Alan Caswell, Luke O'Shea &Tamara Stewart
- Aug 2014 Aly Cook's single 'Country Storm', from her album 'Brand New Day' ,selected to be included in the CD Compilation GODZONE album.
- Interviewed extensively on radio in Australia & NZ promoting NZ music - Interviews on 2GLF, 2RRR, 2SER, 2MCR, 2NCR, 2NVR National Network, MORE FM, Radio NZ just to name a few.
- Broadcasting on radio with her own Breakfast Radio Show on Fresh FM Nelson playing & promoting NZ country music artists June-Oct 2014
- Interviewed several times on Mainland TV in NZ during the period May 2014 - April 2015.
- Interviewed on 'Country Underground' TV Tamworth Jan 2015.
- Performer & ambassador for The Jimmy Little Foundation at Wollongong Event - March 2015"
- "Pieces" written and recorded by Kaylee Bell & Jared Porter from the Jared Porter album East To West.
#1 single on Australian Official Country Music Radio Chart
#1 CMC Country Video Chart
- New Zealand Best Female Country Artist
- TUI New Zealand Best Country Album Award
- Guest Appearance on Kairth Urban Light The Fuse Tour - June 2014. Duet performance of We Were Us with Keith at his Narrabri Show.
- Tamworth Country Music Festival
- Gympie Music Muster
- Support slots with The McClymonts Forever Begins Tonight Tour 2015
- Support slots with Morgan Evans on his national tour of Australia
- The Branding NZ Wanaka NYE 2015
- Global Artist Showcase Nashville June 2014 (with Jared Porter)
- CMC Rocks Queensland March 2015 (with Jared Porter)
- Good Morning NZ - August 2014
- Paul Henry Show August 2014
- Word Up - New TV Show in NZ on TV1 in 2015
- Local Press coverage on back of awards and Keith Urban appearance plus front page profile on stuff.co.nz
- Created Quirky Music 2014
- Covered 1 New Zealand song a day during New Zealand Music Month May
- Chosen by the NZ Music Commission to mentor in schools - clever way to introduce country music to the younger generation
- Has worked with a number of New Zealand country artists on their PledgeMe campaigns to raise money for albums & videos
- Winner of the audience & NZ on Air $10,000 single & video grant May 2014
- Winner of Artist Signal - online music competition winner July 2014
- Leave Your Hat On was selected as a semi-finals in the 2014 International Songwriting Competition (ISC) under Country & Unsigned Only.
- #6 Worldwide in online international competition Global Rockstar - represented New Zealand
- Released singles "I'll Be Fine" & "Leave Your Hat On" and received chart success with both songs. Katie also performed both songs on Good Morning on the date of release & has been receiving airplay via The Breeze & Australian stations.
- Released the official music video for Leave Your Hat On funded by NZ On Air.
- Katie was presented the Music Managers MMF Mentor's Achievement Award 2015 for demonstrating great promise in her work with Quirky Music, which provides holistic music management for a range of independent artists including Phil Doublet, Sarah Conlan, Cam Luxton, Jenny Mitchell & Kylie Price.
© Copyright Country Music Awards New Zealand 2015